Packaging is a crucial aspect of any product, especially for refrigerated and frozen foods. Proper frozen food packaging ensures that frozen food remains fresh for long periods of time, retaining not only its taste but also its nutritional value. At Point Five Packaging, we are an industry leader in Modified Atmosphere Packaging systems and food packaging concepts. Our refrigerated and frozen food packaging solutions are designed to improve product appeal, functionality, and shelf life.
Refrigerated & Frozen Food Packaging Materials
Point Five Packaging offers a wide range of material options for refrigerated and frozen food packaging. These materials include:
Amorphous Polyethylene Terephthalate (A-PET)
High barrier A-PET trays and containers feature good transparency for crystal clear presentation of room temperature and chilled food products. These trays and containers come in a wide range of standard designs and can also be customized to suit your specific application. This material withstands temperatures ranging from 0° F to 120° F (-18° C to 49° C), and common applications include dips, sandwiches, deli salads, produce, baked goods, and more.
Polypropylene containers are freezer and microwave-safe, and they are perfect for heat-and-eat applications, shelf life extension, deep-freeze applications, and more. They are available in high barrier (EVOH/PP) varieties and soft copolymer options to prevent cracking when exposed to extreme cold. Polypropylene containers come in colorless, black, white, and custom prints, and they are available in a range of standard or customized designs.
Depending on the type of polypropylene container you choose, they can withstand temperatures ranging from 37° F to 212F (3° C to 100° C) or -40° F to 257° F (-40° C to 125° C) with deep freeze material. Common applications include soups, seafood, poultry, meat, dips, and frozen foods.
Crystallized Polyethylene Terephthalate (C-PET)
High barrier C-PET trays and containers are microwave and oven safe, making them the ideal solution for end-user heat-and-eat applications. Products can also be cooked and packed into the same tray. These containers come in black, white, and custom colors, and they are available in a range of standard or customized designs. This material withstands temperatures ranging from -40° F to 400° F (-40° C to 204° C), and common applications include frozen foods, meats, pizzas, soups, cheeses, ready-made meals, and more.
We also offer the following types of refrigerated & frozen food packaging:
- Coated paperboard sleeves
- VSP Boards
- Lidding films
- High barrier thermoforming film
- Flexible bags and pouches
- And more
Refrigerated & Frozen Food Packaging Processes, Benefits, and Machines
To ensure optimal quality and preservation of refrigerated and frozen foods, our frozen food packaging solutions offer the following benefits:
- Heat sealability. Our products offer excellent sealing across a range of technologies including plain sealing, MAP, and VSP. This provides enhanced flexibility and efficiency.
- Thermal stability. Our CPET frozen food packaging products operate well in a temperature range of -40° F to 428° F (-40° C to 220° C). Our PP products work well with refrigerated or frozen applications.
- Single packaging solution. Our products offer a single packaging solution, delivering cost savings and source reductions compared to alternatives that require outer cartons or wraps.
- Product uniformity. Our products feature smooth surfaces for exceptional ink holdout and printing consistency.
Whenever you package frozen food with our containers and bags, expect your food to always be in its freshest condition. Our frozen food packaging materials offer the following features:
- Protection from off-coloring and spoilage
- Easy to fill, seal, and store
- Resists grease and oil
- Blocks and resists moisture
- Made from FDA-approved materials
- Strong construction
- Resists cracking and brittleness at low temperatures
There are also several machines available to further assist with packaging refrigerated or frozen foods. For example, our volumetric filling machines simplify the addition of sauces or filling of soups. We even have the capability of integrating a multi-head weighing system to increase the production of frozen fruit, vegetables, and more.
Refrigerated & Frozen Food Packaging Solutions at Point Five Packaging
Frozen and refrigerated foods require high-quality packaging materials to ensure their freshness and longevity. At Point Five Packaging, we offer a wide range of frozen food packaging materials that can be customized to meet your specific application needs. To learn more about our frozen food packaging solutions, contact us today or request a quote to get started.